We currently offer education to a wide range of age groups from Pre-School (2yrs) to Year 6 (10-11yrs).
We encourage both parents and pupils to visit the school to see our facilities, our staff and our pupils. Please call the school office to arrange a visit at a convenient time for your family. We also run an annual Open Day and these are advertised locally, but individual visits are welcomed throughout the year.
We are a feeder school to the outstanding Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis, where the majority of our children go on to attend Key Stage 3. Some children move on to Colyton Grammar School following our Science and Maths enrichment opportunities through them, as well as other schools with whom we maintain links, including Holyrood Academy and Beaminster School.
Our admissions are administered by Dorset Council. Please see the link below to Dorset School Admissions.
If you do not have access to the Internet, please contact Dorset Council:
Dorset School’s Admission Appeals Timetable
Local Authority to publish appeals: 28 February
- For a parent to submit an Appeal: At least 20 school days from the parent receiving notice of the refusal of a place
at a school.
- Notice of the Appeal Hearing: At least 10 school days before the hearing
- Appellants (usually the parents) to submit evidence
- Admission Authority (the school) to submit their evidence 8 school days before the Appeal hearing.
- The Clerk (the person organising the appeal) sends Appeal papers to parents, the panel and the school.
- 5 school days before the Appeal – additional evidence from the Appellants. (Sometimes the Appellants wish to provide additional information after seeing all the papers)
- Decision letters sent to the Appellants. Within 5 school days of the hearing (wherever possible) (The letter that informs the Appellant if their Appeal has been Upheld or refused)
- For applications made in the normal way. Admissions Round Appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals (see a. above)
- For In Year and Late Applications – Within 30 school days of the Appeal (those that came in after the deadline being lodge and have not been decided by the offer date) Appeals must be heard.
- Must always be heard by a properly trained, competent, experienced and knowledgeable, independent panel
- Have an independent Clerk to the Appeal Panel present, who has a clear understanding and knowledge of the School Admissions Code and the School Admission Appeals Code and can offer Guidance to the panel.