Welcome to Marshwood Church of England Primary Academy. Ours is an extremely happy school, providing a caring environment in which each child can feel truly valued. We have dedicated, well-qualified teaching staff who provide a high quality education supported by well trained classroom assistants. The curriculum is rich and varied and we make the most of visits and visitors to enhance the pupils’ experiences. The children can select from a number of extra-curricular opportunities which help them to develop their talents and interests to the full. Our small school has high expectations of the pupil in all they do and this underpins activities whether in the classroom, on the playing field, or on day or residential visits.
The Christian ethos pervades the life of the school. We want our children to feel cared for valued and safe, and, in turn, to care for and value others. We want all the children here to feel good about themselves because we know that happy, confident children will both do the best they can and make the most of school life. The pupils attend a simple act of worship in the adjacent St Mary’s church each day to strengthen their understanding of the Christian faith.
Our membership of The Acorn Multi Academy Trust supports and strengthens our aims by offering skilled and experienced support and challenge from Andrea Rice, the CEO of the trust. The increased pool of management and teaching expertise found across the five schools; Mrs Ethelstons CE Uplyme, Axminster Primary, St Andrew’s CE Primary Chardstock, Membury Primary and ourselves, helps the staff to develop and share skills and knowledge and widens the curriculum opportunities for the children.
The school is set in a beautiful location with ever improving facilities such as outside play spaces and a newly developed garden and wild areas. We try to ensure the school offers a stimulating, welcoming environment for children and parents alike.
The task for the governors is to monitor and oversee the work of the school. To question the staff and visit the school, as critical friends. We want to know about standards, behaviour, the safety of the pupils, expenditure and the quality of the curriculum. We all strive to maintain and improve Ofsted’s most recent judgement of a good school with outstanding features.
Choosing the right school for your child is a major decision so the governors invite you to come to Marshwood CE Primary Academy to meet the head of school, staff and pupils to see if our school will meet the needs of your child.
Chair of Governors
Instrument of Governance including term of office:
- Head Of School: Emily Smith
- Executive Head Of School: Luke Owen
- Staff Governor: Emily Smith
- Local Authority Governor: Melanie Pierce-Butler (05/10/2017 – 04/10/2021)
- Parent Governors: Thomas Gregory (10/05/2017 – 09/05/2021) and Amy Clarke (20/11/2015 – 19/11/2019)
- Foundation Governors: Patti Barnes (11/11/2013 – 10/11/2017), Philip Butcher (Ex-Officio)
- Co-Opted Governors: Jasmine Hill (11/05/2015 – 10/05/2019), Kate Green (26/11/2015 – 25/11/2019), Robert Cahn (10/05/2017 – 09/05/2021), Zoe Aspinall (07/05/2017 – 06/05/2021)
Governors who have resigned in the past year:
- Nick Bellorini resigned as Co-opted Governor on 29th November 2016
- Amy Ralph resigned as Co-opted Governor on 22nd July 2016
- Rev. Tim Price resigned due to retirement on 13th September 2016
- Tina Wilkes resigned as Co-opted Governor on 13th November 2016 due to leaving the School
Chair of Governors: Patti Barnes
Vice Chair of Governors: Kate Green
Safeguarding Governor: Patti Barnes
SENDCO Governor: Patti Barnes
Health and Safety Governor: Jasmine Hill
Chair of Finance: Thomas Gregory
Chair of Curriculum: Amy Clarke
Chair of Premises: Jasmine Hill
Clerk to Governors: Charlotte Sharp e-mail: email@example.com
Parent Link Governor: Kate Green
Please see the attached files for Governor attendance at Full Governing Body meetings and Committee meetings:
TEXT FOR NOTICE TO APPEAR HERE