“We are a Good School with Outstanding Features!”
Thorncombe, St Mary’s Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School was last inspected in September 2012 Click to read the report »
We were delighted with our Ofsted report. It is a testimony to all the hard work of the staff, pupils, governors and parents of the school. We were particularly proud of the fact that children’s attitudes and behaviour towards each other and towards their learning was noted as being ‘Outstanding’. If you would like to view the full inspection report please click on the document below. The points noted for development are already already highlighted on our School Development Plan and actions for improvement already under way.
Ofsted have stated that Thorncombe, St. Mary’s is a Good School with Outstanding features.
They noted that:
• “The appointment of two co-headteachers has had a positive impact on the overall effectiveness” of the school.
• “Pupils’ outstanding behaviour around school and in lessons is a key factor in ensuring that pupils make good progress in all year groups.”
• Pupils feel very safe and display a high level of respect for the feelings and well being of others.
• There is a strong sense of community in the school. Pupils behaviour and attitudes to learning are outstanding.
• All the parents spoken to by the inspector, or who used the online survey to express their opinions about the school said they would recommend it to others!
Come and have a look around our family, friendly school ~ we look
forward to meeting you!
Please see our current SIAMS Report also: St Marys Thorncombe SIAMS Report – Dec 2014