PE and Sport Premium Funding
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Please click below to view details of our Sports Funding and to see how exactly we have planned to spend this money at Thorncombe St. Mary’s:
This plan will provide costing and more specific details on how we aim to achieve the following:
- Continued CPD for staff
- Provide more alternative sports across the whole school through the employment of outside companies – e.g. Sailing, Archery and a range of OAA opportunities, with qualified instructors.
- Subsidise and provide afterschool sports clubs to make them accessible for all children – e.g. Monday KS1 and Wednesday KS2 Sporting Chance Clubs
- Buying into existing local sports networks (Inc. Dorset School sports)
- Continued purchase of new equipment, to update and refresh old equipment and ensure there is enough for all children to participate fully in lessons
- Provide weekly OAA/Forest School activities for all children
- Purchase of storage benches/boxes to ensure equipment quality can be maintained for continuous use in the future
- Pay for and subsidise transport to ensure children can continue to attend sporting events safely, on time and consistently
- Help fund the KS2 SkillForce/Mini Marines programme, which has a Sports Leader, OAA and First Aid training element.
- Have our confident swimmers undertake Personal Survival 1 and 2 water training. These units go way beyond the National Curriculum requirements, with specialist instructors used to teach our children water and land based rescue techniques, alongside vital water survival skills.