The hard work and positive attitudes of our Year 6 children has truly paid off. Results of the Standard Assessment Tests (SATs) revealed a combined score of 73% for our children meeting expected standards in reading, writing and maths; against 65% nationally. Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar was impressive with 91% reaching the expected standard and nearly half achieving greater depth. 90% reached expected standard in Maths against 79% nationally. In line with national expectations, 73% achieved expected standard in reading and writing. This success matched fantastic results in Key Stage 1 and Early Years; and reflect significant progress made in school this year. We are thankful to our teaching staff and for the support from the Acorn Multi-Academy Trust and whole school community.
- Pippin Class RE lesson at St Mary’s Church December 14, 2021
- Copper Beech wins House Cross Country Run December 14, 2021
- Remembrance Sunday at St Mary’s Church Thorncombe November 15, 2021
- Inspiring future farmers November 15, 2021
- Orchestral Workshop at Axe Valley Academy November 15, 2021
- A Taster into the World of Secondary Science October 15, 2021